With summer-like temps around the corner, more customers will start to flock for those lighter dishes to order off the menu. Summer is a great season because the produce and fruits are fresh and plentiful. With the number of customers and the demand for freshly-made meals increasing, restaurants need reliable kitchen equipment to help them prepare food faster, such as a commercial microwave oven. It makes it easier for any café owner or restaurant to delight their customers. Here are two healthy recipes that are sure to delight and have your guests feeling full!
Strawberry Microwave Breakfast Bowl
A hearty, light, and filling breakfast menu choice full of juicy berries and crunchy buckwheat for your guests to enjoy! To create this dish quickly using your commercial microwave oven, you will first need to gather all the ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of oat bran
- 2 tbsp of oat flour
- 2 tbsp of buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, diced
To make this dish in your commercial food equipment, it’s important to follow these directions:
- Mix together the oat bran, oat flour, buckwheat groats, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla, applesauce, and almond milk until all the dry ingredients are incorporated and gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Use a microwave-safe ramekin and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Heat in your commercial microwave oven for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the top is set.
- Let it cool for 2-3 minutes before serving to guests.
Microwave Risotto Primavera
A classic recipe that is high in fibre and folic acid, low in fat, and is quick and easy to make in a commercial microwave oven! To create this dish quickly using your commercial food equipment, you will first need to gather all the ingredients:
- 350g of risotto rice
- 175ml of white wine
- 850ml of hot vegetable stock
- 500g of frozen pea and bean mix
- 100g pack of asparagus tips
- 100g of soft goat’s cheese
- A handful of mint leaves, roughly torn
To make this dish in your food warming equipment, it’s important to follow these directions:
- Measure the rice into a large microwave-safe bowl, pouring in the wine and a third of the stock next.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rice, adding in another third of the stock.
- Re-cover and microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Stir the rice again, adding in the frozen vegetables, asparagus and the rest of the stock.
- Re-cover and microwave for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and mint leaves, leaving the risotto to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Celcook: Supplying Professional Kitchens With High-Quality Commercial Microwaves In Canada
Are you looking to improve the performance of your professional kitchen? Celcook can help! Celcook’s mission is to supply professional kitchens across Canada with a selection of high-quality commercial microwave ovens. We guarantee the quality and reliability of our commercial food equipment and offer a comprehensive warranty on our commercial microwave oven products. Contact us today to learn more and to find the best food warming equipment for your professional Canadian kitchen.