Did you know that a restaurant oven is one of the most vital parts of your food industry business? A malfunctioning restaurant oven can produce food delays, which translate to business losses, and can even be a safety hazard for you, your employees, and your customers alike.
Therefore, it’s important for you to notice and identify issues right away when they arise, and complete oven repairs as soon as possible. Here are just a few of the common restaurant oven issues that you could encounter, and how to spot them:
Food Cooks Unevenly
- This issue is a bit more subtle and might not be noticed right away. Be sure to monitor your commercial kitchen equipment to see if you notice food overcooking unevenly in your restaurant oven.
- If you start to notice that some of your food is cooked more thoroughly on one side over the other, it might be time to call in the professionals and let them check your oven.
- Faulty heating elements are a very common cause for uneven cooking, as well as faulty temperature sensors, and a professional will be able to help you determine which is the issue and correct it.
Pilot Light Won’t Stay On
- This is a huge issue that needs to be dealt with right away, as without your restaurant oven’s pilot light on, you won’t be getting much cooking done.
- Be sure to call in the professionals right away. Usually, this issue is the result of a malfunctioning safety valve or a thermocouple, which can lead to switching your light off.
- In some cases, these components can be replaced separately, but in some commercial restaurant equipment, the thermocouple is actually attached to the safety and the whole valve will need to be replaced.
Your Restaurant Oven Won’t Heat Up
- This is the most obvious sign that your restaurant oven has an issue with it, and it can be discovered as early as the first initial setup. We recommend always testing your commercial kitchen equipment right away after it is set up in order to discover if there are any issues right away.
- Why does this issue occur? There could actually be a number of reasons why this issue could occur with your restaurant oven, from an issue with your igniter (gas ovens) to a faulty thermostat (electric ovens).
- Whatever the issue might be, it’s important to call in a professional immediately in order to figure out what the problem really is and get it corrected before it starts costing you business.
Celcook: Supplying Commercial Restaurant Equipment To Professional Kitchens Throughout Canada
Looking to upgrade your professional kitchen with high-quality commercial kitchen equipment? We can help! Celcook supplies professional Canadian kitchens with a selection of high-quality restaurant ovens in Canada, with a comprehensive warranty on all of our products. Contact us today to learn more.