With summer just around the corner, professional kitchens all over Canada are looking to update their menus, by adding new dishes for their guests to enjoy during the warmer weather. These dishes are wonderfully quick and easy to cook in your food warming equipment.
Tuscan Potatoes And Vegetables
A bright and healthy warm-weather dish that is sure to delight your guests this season! To create this dish quickly using your commercial microwave oven, you will first need to gather all the ingredients:
- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes.
- 1 medium zucchini.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash.
- 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic.
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
To make this dish in your commercial food equipment, it’s important to follow these directions:
- Cut the potatoes, zucchini and squash into 1/2” cubes and place into a microwave-safe dish.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, Italian seasoning, and garlic, then mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese in the mixture and cover the microwave-safe dish tightly with a lid.
- Place in your commercial microwave on HIGH for 17 minutes.
- Let the dish sit for two minutes before serving the dish to your guests.
This dish includes a mixture of various ingredients to create a whirlwind of flavours for your guests to enjoy! To create this dish quickly using your commercial food equipment, you will first need to gather all the ingredients:
- 4 large yellow-flesh potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced.
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach.
- 1/4 cup of skim milk.
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 3 tablespoons of chopped roasted bell peppers.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
To make this dish in your food warming equipment, it’s important to follow these directions:
- Prepare your potatoes by piercing them and place them in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave the potatoes in your commercial microwave oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet, add the leeks, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for a few more minutes.
- Preheat your restaurant oven to 400° F.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, leaving a rim of potatoes in the skins, and set skins aside.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk until smooth, then stir in the leeks, half the cheese, roasted bell peppers, basil, and salt.
- Place the potato skins onto a baking sheet and fill with the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and place in your restaurant oven to bake for 15 minutes.
Celcook: Helping Professional Canadian Kitchens Meet Their Restaurant Needs Through Supplying High-Quality Commercial Microwaves In Canada
Celcook works with professional kitchens across Canada to supply them with a selection of high-quality commercial microwave ovens. We guarantee the quality and reliability of our commercial food equipment and offer a comprehensive warranty on our commercial microwave ovens products. Contact us today to learn more and to find the best food warming equipment for your professional Canadian kitchen.