It’s no secret that one of the most successful tools in your kitchen equipment arsenal is a restaurant oven. Because commercial microwave ovens are used so much in professional Canadian kitchens, it can be hard to find a time to do proper cleaning and maintenance in order to keep them running at their best.
This can make your restaurant oven particularly prone to accumulating food particles, grease and other debris if not properly cared for, leading to issues with flavor to performance to the risk of smoke and fire to costly heating inefficiencies.
Here are just a few tips on how you can maintain your commercial microwave oven at its peak performance:
Schedule Daily And Monthly Cleanings
- Schedule daily cleanings of your restaurant oven in order to prevent long-term build-up of problems that could escalate over time.
- Designate at least one specific time of day to cleaning your commercial microwave oven and communicate this to your staff. Make sure they follow through on this task.
- Extra tip: Schedule daily cleanings for the evenings so doors can be left open to dry overnight.
- Cleaning on a monthly basis too is essential. Give both the interior and exterior of your restaurant oven a deep cleaning to ensure that it will continue to look and perform its best.
Take Care Of And Clean Spills And Messes Immediately
- If not taken care of right away, spills and messes can build up over time leading to worse issues later down the line.
- Cleaning up spills and messes immediately not only allows your commercial microwave oven the ability to run and look at it’s best all the time, but also spares you the more challenging task of cleaning messes up at the end of the day after they’ve carbonized.
- Extra tip: Always make sure the oven is cool before beginning the task in order to prevent burns.
Wipe Down Oven Walls And Doors And Clean Racks
- Food debris can accumulate on oven racks so it’s important to keep them always clean. You can do this by removing the racks and cleaning them separately by dunking them in soapy, hot water.
- Extra tip: For particularly stubborn grime or baked-on foods, use a scouring pad or wire brush to clean food debris off oven racks.
- With the racks removed, wipe down the oven interior and inside of oven doors using a damp, warm towel. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual in case you should use professional oven cleaner to keep your commercial microwave oven.
- Be sure to thoroughly wipe down the areas around fans as removing any debris here maximizes efficiency by promoting airflow.
Celcook: Professional Kitchen Commercial Oven Microwaves in Canada
Are you looking to add a commercial microwave oven to your kitchen? Are you in need of an updated restaurant oven for your kitchen? Then Celcook has you covered with our high-quality selection of restaurant ovens and commercial microwaves in Canada. Contact us today to learn more and to find the best restaurant oven and commercial microwave for your professional kitchen.