No matter what type of professional kitchen you are running, a commercial microwave is an essential type of commercial food equipment your kitchen needs in order to be more successful in your business.
As there are various commercial microwave models on the market, how can you determine which one is the best one for your professional kitchen? The microwave best suited for your needs will be dependent upon the volume of customers you serve on an average day and the type of foods you prepare.
Here are just a few of the important factors you should consider when choosing a commercial microwave for your restaurant:
1. Wattage And Power
As shared above, there are various models of commercial microwaves on the market these days. How do you know which one is best for you? Here are the types of commercial microwaves available, based on their wattage and power, to consider:
- Light Duty Ovens – Perfect for kitchens that don’t require heavy-duty food warming equipment, such as hotels, gas stations, grocery stores, and convenience stores.
- Medium Duty Ovens – Most ideal for professional kitchens that are short on space but require reliable commercial food equipment, such as schools, hospitals, and food courts.
- Heavy Duty Ovens – Ideal for busy kitchens that require a microwave that can withstand heavy usage and hold large volumes of food, such as large chain restaurants.
2. Microwave Size/Capacity
Commercial microwaves in Canada are available in two sizes: smaller tabletop models and bulkier style models with added height and width. Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Smaller tabletop models have less interior space, although they are more compact and easier to store on a counter.
- Consider your restaurant kitchen and counter space. Is it cluttered with other appliances and kitchen supplies, or have you designated a specific spot and microwave cart for this purpose?
- Take measurements if necessary and compare your allotted space with the microwave dimensions to get an idea of how well it will fit.
3. User-Friendly Controls/Ease Of Cleaning
If a microwave requires many steps or has confusing or awkward controls, valuable time may be lost which could lead to unsatisfied customers, and in turn, potential lost revenue. Look for a microwave model that allows you to program various functions easily and quickly. Before purchasing a specific commercial microwave model, consider these questions:
- Is the commercial microwave easy to operate for busy employees?
- Can they get the job done with a simple push of a button?
- Is the microwave relatively easy to clean?
Celcook: Supplying Commercial Microwaves in Canada To Professional Kitchens
Celcook supplies professional Canadian kitchens with a selection of high-quality commercial microwaves in Canada. We guarantee the quality and reliability of our food warming equipment and offer a comprehensive warranty on our commercial microwave products. Contact us today to learn more and to find the best commercial food equipment for your kitchen.