Pizza is one of the most popular foods in Canada. The majority of restaurants, whether it is a quick service or fine dining, offer pizza as a menu item. If you own a pizza shop or feature pizza on your menu, one piece of equipment that is essential to purchasing is a commercial pizza oven in Canada. So, how do you know you are choosing the right equipment? Here’s a quick guide to help you pick the perfect commercial pizza oven.
Types of Commercial Pizza Ovens In Canada
You want to ensure that you have a commercial pizza oven that will meet your needs. Here are the four main types of commercial pizza ovens in Canada:
- Brick ovens – Usually made from heat-resistant bricks, fueled by burning wood, gas or coal, and can cook up to twelve pizzas in five minutes or less. This is the best option for pizzerias that have a traditional theme for their establishment.
- Convection ovens – Designed to be compact, convection ovens are a relatively low output machine. They can usually bake five to ten pizzas in about six minutes. If you own a restaurant where pizza is not your focus, a convection oven will be perfect for you.
- Conveyor ovens – Employing a conveyor belt, the pizza automatically through the baking process. Conveyor ovens are built to automate the cooking process and require little to no supervision. They help free up valuable staff minutes, which can be spent preparing the next batch of pizzas. These ovens are great for restaurants that need to make many pizzas quickly.
- Pizza deck ovens – A simple design that is great for a moderate workload. Pizza decks have no moving parts to maintain, are easy to clean, and can cook up to 6 pizzas at once. These are the best options for a restaurant or foodservice business that serves pizza occasionally to guests.
Questions To Ask Your Before Purchasing A Commercial Pizza Oven
Now that you know what types of commercial pizza ovens are available to you, which one should you buy for your restaurant or pizza joint? Before you make your choice, ask yourself these five questions:
- How much space do you have available?
- What is your budget and what can you afford?
- What type of pizzas are you planning to serve?
- Does your establishment have the proper lines for gas and electric equipment?
- How many pizzas will you need to make daily?
Celcook: Commercial Pizza Ovens Canadian Restaurants Love
Changing food fads and tastes are part and parcel of the food and hospitality industry. However, the humble pizza or ‘pie’, as some call it, has remained a favourite for decades. From fast-food burger joints to sandwich makers, everyone is trying to cash in on the universal appeal of pizza. Celcook has helped hundreds of businesses expand their menus with a selection of food preparation equipment, including commercial pizza ovens. Contact us to learn more.